We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void
Developer: Blizzard Entertainment
Publisher: Blizzard Entertainment
Platform: PC, OS X
Release Date: November 10, 2015
Genre: Real-time Strategy
Reclaim your Homeworld
You are Hierarch Artanis, leader of the mighty protoss race. Years ago, your homeworld of Aiur fell to the merciless zerg Swarm. Now, at long last, you have raised a powerful fleet of warships known as the Golden Armada, and are poised to reclaim your world. But an ancient evil—Amon—threatens this destiny and the fate of the entire galaxy. Only you can reunite the protoss factions and defeat the coming darkness before it consumes all life in the sector.
- The battle for Aiur is at hand. Join the warriors of the Golden Armada as the final chapter of the StarCraft II saga begins!
- Join Zeratul on three missions to unravel the final piece of the Xel’naga prophecy in the Whispers of Oblivion mini-campaign.
- Take command and engage in action-packed, objective-driven missions with a friend. Master the art of war with StarCraft legends such as Jim Raynor, Sarah Kerrigan, and Hierarch Artanis. The battlefield awaits!
Cast of Characters
- Artanis: When the First Contact War ended, Aiur had been conquered by the zerg Swarm. The protoss stood on the brink of oblivion, at risk of seeing their civilization disappear entirely. It was Artanis, a young executor, who prevented a bloody civil war and guided both the Khalai and Nerazim factions through the chaos of the Brood War. Now, with the Golden Armada at his command, he intends to take back Aiur and prepare his people for the final battle against an ancient and indomitable enemy.
- Zeratul: Zeratul has seen the end, tides of darkness surging across the expanse of the galaxy, erasing all life. In recent years, he has been consumed with the mysteries of ancient prophecies, hoping to discern and disrupt Amon's plans. Now he is certain that time is running out. With the fate of the universe hanging in the balance, it falls upon Zeratul to warn the protoss of the imminent threat.
- Rohana: The role of a preserver is to protect and maintain the memories of the greatest protoss who have ever lived. For millennia, the wisdom of preservers has been held in the highest regard by protoss leaders. Rohana, one of only three grand preservers, holds within her mind almost all of the memories of the ancient protoss civilization of the Firstborn. She has seen every battle, every war, and every loss. Rohana willingly entered stasis aboard the Spear of Adun, saving her knowledge for the time of her race's greatest need.
- Karax: The optimization of weapons, armor, and spacefaring ships is a phase-smith's highest calling, and Karax is one of the most precise engineers in the whole of the Khalai. Through sheer dedication, he will rise above his origins in the protoss' worker caste to become a crucial asset in Artanis's war against Amon.
- Vorazun: Tensions remain high among the factions of the protoss. Vorazun, daughter of the legendary Nerazim matriarch Raszagal, frequently disagreed with Artanis during debates in the Twilight Council. More importantly, she is a peerless warrior and utterly dedicated to the survival of the dark templar. She will never back down—neither in debate nor in battle—when it comes to the well-being of her people.
- Kerrigan: She once worked in the shadows. Now the entire Koprulu sector fears her name. The Queen of Blades was the terror of humanity for years, a nightmare that haunted the rich and the poor, the soldier and the civilian, the folks on fringe worlds and the city dwellers on central planets.
- Raynor: Jim Raynor has been called many things. Outlaw. Lawman. Soldier. Terrorist. He has endured the cruel tyranny of the Terran Confederacy, opposed the brutal dictatorship of Arcturus Mengsk's Dominion, escaped the clutches of the zerg Swarm, and even made allies among the mysterious and enlightened protoss. He's a loyal friend, a frightening enemy, and clever enough to take on the most powerful foes in the galaxy. Not bad for a farm boy from a backwoods planet.
Ancient Protoss Arkship: Spear of Adun
- In the early, glorious days of protoss civilization, the Conclave built magnificent arkships, self-sustaining vessels capable of supporting protoss culture through its most desperate times. Armed with legendary warriors and knowledge of aeons past, the Spear of Adun will be Hierarch Artanis's flagship in the fight against Amon.
New Multiplayer Units
- Take the galactic conflict to another level with an expanded arsenal, commander. The data slates below will familiarize you with the new warriors and machines each race will field in their continued struggle for dominance of the Koprulu sector.
- Adept, Protoss: Adepts are protoss ranged specialists armed with a mighty Glaive Cannon that punches through light armor with ease and emits a deadly shockwave when it strikes a killing blow. These warriors are also versed in psionic transfer, which allows them to project an invulnerable image of themselves and teleport to its location after a brief period of time.
- Disruptor, Protoss: By supercharging its power core, the Disruptor can become invulnerable, turning its physical form into energy for a short period of time. This allows it to advance unhindered towards its enemies, releasing a destructive burst—the aptly-named purification nova—that deals massive damage, especially to enemy forces in tightly packed clusters.
- Cyclone, Terran: To keep personnel out of harm’s way, the terrans have designed the Cyclone, a mobile assault drone armed with twin Typhoon Missile Pods that engage air and ground threats. The Cyclone also boasts a sophisticated target lock-on system, which allows it to concentrate fire on an enemy while on the move.
- Liberator, Terran: The Liberator is a medium-sized gunship, armed with twin missile launchers to strike at clusters of aerial threats. This vessel can also deploy an anti-ground cannon by transforming into a stationary artillery platform. Each shot from this powerful weapon punches holes through enemy forces, even those as heavily armored as the Thor.
- Ravager, Zerg: As an evolution of the Roach, the Ravager has developed a bigger frame to store large quantities of fiery fluid in its back. This creature can rapidly discharge plasma at ground targets, or launch a gob of corrosive bile in a parabolic arc. The projectile is slow—best used against stationary targets—but can destroy protoss Force Fields.
- Lurker, Zerg: The Lurker, an evolutionary offshoot of the Hydralisk strain, is a powerful anti-ground ambusher. It can strike at the enemies of the Swarm from beneath the soil with a deadly spine attack. Lurkers have no means to defend themselves above ground, but, when burrowed, just a handful of them can turn an innocuous chokepoint into a nightmare.
Battle and Glory: New Multiplayer Features
- Automated Tournaments, Daily Competition: Come prove your might against participants from around the world in no-holds-barred tournaments that run once per day at specific times. Entries are open to players of all skill levels. Sign up, survive the elimination rounds, and face off against the best for ultimate dominance!
- Archon Mode, Two Player Single Base Control: Two heads are better than one: you and an ally share control over a single base to battle against two enemies in multiplayer action. Learn basic tactics from a seasoned veteran or amplify the power of a burgeoning all-star. Embody the spirit of the Archon and merge together to become a greater, unified force.
- Co-Op Missions, Objective Based Gameplay: Take command in a brand new game mode where you and a friend fight hosts of enemies in action-packed, objective-driven missions. Master the art of war with StarCraft legends such as Jim Raynor, Sarah Kerrigan, and Hierarch Artanis, and use their unique talents to turn the tide of battle in your favor. Level up to unlock additional units and new abilities—including exclusive team powers. For deployment information, click here.
November 6, 2015: BlizzCon 2015 Artwork[edit | edit source]
November 6, 2015: BlizzCon 2015 Screenshots[edit | edit source]
November 6, 2015: [StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Launch Trailer – Legacy ][edit | edit source]
Legacy of the Void is the highly anticipated third game in the acclaimed StarCraft II real-time strategy series. In this launch trailer, we examine how far our heroes have come and the struggles they have endured . . . only to find themselves confronting an evil that threatens to engulf the entire galaxy. Now, all three factions must unite to overcome Amon’s power—or face complete extinction.