From BlizzCon Wiki
November 6, 2015: Overpwn: Three New Heroes - D.Va, Mei, and Genji[edit | edit source]
Three new heroes are now up on the Battle.net website.
D.Va[edit | edit source]
- Real Name: Hana Song, Age: 19
- Occupation: Pro Gamer (formerly), Mech Pilot
- Base of Operations: Busan, South Korea
- Affiliation: Mobile Exo-Force of the Korean Army
- Fusion Cannons - D.Va's mech is equipped with twin short-range rotating cannons. They lay down continuous, high-damage fire without needing to reload, but slow D.Va’s movement while they’re active.
- Boosters - D.Va’s mech launches into the air, her momentum carrying her forward. She can turn and change directions or barrel through her enemies, knocking them back.
- Defense Matrix - D.Va can activate this forward-facing targeting array to shoot incoming projectiles out of the air.
- Self-Destruct (Ultimate Ability) - D.Va ejects from her mech and sets its reactor to explode, dealing massive damage to nearby opponents.
- Light Gun - While outside of her mech, D.Va can continue the fight with a mid-range automatic blaster.
- Call Mech (Ultimate Ability) - If her armored battle suit is destroyed, D.Va can call down a fresh mech and return to the fray.
Mei[edit | edit source]
- Real name: Mei-ling Zhou, Age: 31
- Occupation: Climatologist, Adventurer
- Base: Xi'an, China (Formerly)
- Affiliation: Overwatch (Formerly)
- Endothermic Blaster - Mei’s blaster unleashes a concentrated, short-range stream of frost that damages, slows, and ultimately freezes enemies in place. Mei can also use her blaster to shoot icicle-like projectiles at medium range.
- Cryo-freeze - Mei instantly surrounds herself with a block of thick ice. She heals and ignores damage while encased, but cannot move or use abilities.
- Ice Wall - Mei generates an enormous ice wall that obstructs lines of sight, stops movement, and blocks attacks.
- Blizzard (Ultimate Ability) - Mei deploys a weather-modification drone that emits gusts of wind and snow in a wide area. Enemies caught in the blizzard are slowed and take damage; those who linger too long are frozen solid.
Genji[edit | edit source]
- Real name: Genji Shimada, Age: 35
- Occupation: Adventurer
- Base: Shambali Monastery, Nepal
- Affiliation: Shimada Clan (Formerly), Overwatch (Formerly)
- Shuriken - Genji looses three deadly throwing stars in quick succession. Alternatively, he can throw three shuriken in a wider spread.
- Deflect - With lightning-quick swipes of his sword, Genji reflects an oncoming projectile and sends it rebounding towards his opponent.
- Swift Strike - Genji darts forward, slicing the air with his katana and passing through foes in his path. After the initial strike, his targets begin to bleed and take additional damage over time. If Genji eliminates a target with this ability, he can instantly use it again.
- Dragonblade (Ultimate Ability) - Genji brandishes his katana for a brief period of time. Until he sheathes his sword, Genji can deliver killing strikes to any targets within his reach.