We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Heroes of the Storm
Developer: Blizzard Entertainment
Publisher: Blizzard Entertainment
Platform: PC, OS X
Release Date: June 2, 2015
Genre: Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (MOBA)
Let the Battle Begin!
Heroes of the Storm™ is a raucous online team brawler starring your favorite Blizzard characters. Build and customize heroes from across every Blizzard universe to suit your play style. Team up with your friends and engage in fast-paced mayhem across varied battlegrounds that impact strategy and change the way you play the game.
- Blizzard Heroes in a New Light Heroes represents more than 20 years of Blizzard gaming history, settings, and iconic characters, all mashed up into an epic, off-the-wall team brawler. Fight out classic showdowns such as Tyrael vs. Diablo and Arthas vs. Uther, or settle those late-night debates you’ve had about who’s the stronger leader—Raynor or Thrall? Could Zeratul take down Illidan in a fight? Who’s more badass . . . Kerrigan or the Demon Hunter from Diablo III? The combinations of Blizzard heroes and universes are endless.
- What’s Your Type? Each hero offers different strengths and weaknesses depending on their role.
- Assassins like Kerrigan deal tremendous damage and can pick off unsuspecting enemies, but must choose their battles carefully, as they can dish more than they can take.
- Warriors such as Diablo can dive right into a melee, soaking up damage and dealing it back.
- Support heroes like Malfurion can swing the tide of battle, assisting with healing, buffs, or other abilities to manipulate the battle in the favor of allies.
- Specialist Other types include the siege and commander heroes, which are more specialized roles that bring different strengths as you build a team.
- Your Hero, Your Way Heroes of the Storm offers plenty of ways to customize how your hero fights and looks. You’ll choose from an array of unique masteries, heroic abilities, and combat styles that can fundamentally change the way each hero does battle. Skins round out the appearance of your hero, while mounts get you around the battleground in speed and in style. Is that Raynor riding a rainbow pony?
- A Fresh Take on the Team Brawler Heroes of the Storm concentrates the intense battles and back-and-forth gameplay of online brawlers into fun, quick, action-packed matches. Though you can knock out a few games pretty rapidly, you may find yourself constantly wanting to jump into “just one more” game.
- There’s No “I” in Team Heroes features approachable team-based play without sacrificing depth or variety. Whether it’s joining with allies in a group fight, or working together to overcome each battleground’s unique challenges, you’re rewarded for playing as a team. And the hero roles run the gamut from stone-cold death-dealers, to town-razing specialists, to pure healers—each capable of making distinct, valuable contributions to their team’s war effort. The game even includes some very specialized heroes, like Abathur, who offsets his lack of head-to-head impact with special abilities that affect the entire battleground.
- Battlegrounds That Shape Gameplay Heroes of the Storm has a number of unique battlegrounds, each of which is characterized by a core, legendary event that shapes the strategy for the entire match. One battleground features a ghostly pirate ship, whose captain will accept payment of gold doubloons in order to train his ship’s cannons on enemy positions. Another battleground includes an underground level, where bones must be collected to summon a fearsome golem to attack your enemies aboveground.
- 1 November 4, 2016 Heroes of the Storm State of the Game Panel Recap
- 2 November 4, 2016 Heroes of the Storm – BlizzCon 2016 Announcement Trailer
- 3 November 4, 2016 TEAM UP TO CONQUER THE NEXUS CHALLENGE!
- 4 November 4, 2016 NEW HEROES AND MORE ANNOUNCED AT BLIZZCON 2016!
- 5 November 4, 2016 Forged by Fire: Heroes of the Storm BlizzCon 2016 Hero Trailer
- 6 November 4, 2016 Opening Ceremony Announcements
- 7 November 7, 2015: Battlegrounds Panel
- 8 November 7, 2015: State of the Game Recap
- 9 November 6, 2015: Screenshot Gallery
- 10 November 6, 2015: Opening Ceremony Blizzard Quotes from HeroesNexus.com
- 11 November 6, 2015: Screenshot Gallery from HeroesNexus.com
- 12 November 6, 2015: New Heroes & Battlegrounds Announced at BlizzCon 2015